Featured Post

Important note about post dates and the archive

July 27, 2023

Dante rainbow whiskers progress update

Dante is coming along well so far, and I always look forward to the next painting session. Now that the painting has dried, I can begin glazing. I added yellow to his eyes, ears, and profile contour.

For my first layer blue, I used phthalo green. For my next layer of blue glaze, I will need to decide if I use ultramarine or phthalo blue. I would like it to match the mini gouache painting as much as possible.

What I like about glazing is that you can wipe away the mistakes. Because it is on its own layer, it won’t affect what’s already dried underneath. I’m a patient artist. I can wait. It just gives me an excuse to work on something else. Always having something to look forward to is a great way to keep the ball rolling.

First post

< Previous update

> Next update

No comments:

Post a Comment