Featured Post

Important note about post dates and the archive

October 26, 2023

Weston flame eye

Last updated October 26, 2023


Added some titanium white using a q-tip. Looks kinda grungy right now but once this white dries in 3 months I can glaze over it and bring some color back into this painting. I would like to glaze the entire surface to make it look warm. Or, well, hot.

Click "Read More" to start from the beginning.


Coulda shoulda woulda stopped there buuuut....

Got carried away with the underpainting on this one. But it was well worth it because I need that glowing look from the flames.



Soft gel application to make flames stand out. In the next image you can see how it dries.


Not sure how I feel about the colors, but it's not over yet!


Added some titanium white using a q-tip. Looks kinda grungy right now but once this white dries in 3 months I can glaze over it and bring some color back into this painting. I would like to glaze the entire surface to make it look warm. Or, well, hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment